Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why does my webcam freezes when it used to work fine on YIM?

I use my web cam on a daily basis with my gfriend. Shes on dial up, and im on DSL. It used to work fine, only freezing every now and then because of the dial up connection. But a few weeks ago, my webcam started to only works for a minute before it freezes, then after around 2 minutes my webcam unfreezes and she start getting images that where supposedly sent at least one minute ago (meaning, lots of lag).

Since the problem started, ive re installed my webcam, re installed yahoo messenger, changed usb port but the trouble persists. Her webcam works perfect, the only one with the problem is mine.

I also use the webcam to talk with my sister, but i use it on Skype and i have no problems there. Both my sister and me have broadband.

So, any ideas why is this happening? and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.Why does my webcam freezes when it used to work fine on YIM?
There are a couple things to try, First run scandisk on your computer the version of windows helps I assume xp, go to my computer right click on your c: drive and click on properties it brings up a tabbed box click on tools and scan now , unfortunately you have to reboot for it to work.



once you have tried that check your preferences under superwebcam when your chatting to your girl select the keep broadcasting in standard mode and see if that helps , often times yahoo is checkin for super mode and it freezes your cam till it decides what it should do, rather sux actuallyWhy does my webcam freezes when it used to work fine on YIM?
I'm not sure why as mine does that too, but only on YIM, not WIM. Sometimes it happens if we start playing with our avatars while IM'ng. I wish I knew how to fix it.
  • stay happy and calm
  • baby oil clogs up
  • 1 comment:

    1. SEXY CAM MODELS WANTED!
      EARN OVER $10,000 PER WEEK.
      JOIN AS A BONGA MODELS CAM MODEL TODAY!

      ReplyDelete