Thursday, September 22, 2011

Parallel to communication port/converter/wire/whatever?

I have a very nice laser jet printer, and it uses a parallel port to connect to a printer (the 24 pin variety, I think), and I recently got a new laptop that only has parallel ports and USB ports on them. Now the printer has been rendered useless to me. I was wondering if any such converter exists that changes a port from the 24 pin parallel port style to the 9 pin communications port style OR USB. Or perhaps a parallel printer wire that goes to USB... If anybody knows how I can get my printer to work with my laptop, I would be greatly appreciative...



If it helps, my laptop is a Sony VAIO running Vista.Parallel to communication port/converter/wire/whatever?
Yes, you can very well get USB parallel adapters made to work old Parallel port adapters from a modern USB port.

No comments:

Post a Comment