Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have Verizon aircard + when home I want 2 use it 2 run 2 pc's via my Linksys router, what do I need 2 do?

I understand I have to change my ethernet port on one of the pc's to transmit out instead of receive. How do I change the port to out and then how do I get the aircard to tansmit to the router and then have our 2 pc's and my notebook receive these transmissions?I have Verizon aircard + when home I want 2 use it 2 run 2 pc%26039;s via my Linksys router, what do I need 2 do?
Get your air card working and then just connect your router WAN port into the ethernet port on the PC for a test. This should be automatic after enabling ICS.



-tcwI have Verizon aircard + when home I want 2 use it 2 run 2 pc%26039;s via my Linksys router, what do I need 2 do?
You can use ICS (internet connection sharing) on the PC with the Aircard to share with another computer. Visit this link to Microsoft for the setup. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126



However, to get this to working with a router, is a different issue because your one sharing machine actually is a router in this setup. Setting up dual routers is not for the uninitiated to network routing! (It can be done, just be sure the computer issued IP and the router issued IP are on different networks)



OR just get an Aircard router!!! THEN you only have to plug the aircard into the router and all machines work! Linksys and Dlink both make one for the Verizon cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment