Thursday, September 22, 2011

Could I change the ethernet port on my laptop, so I could plug in another ethernet cord for another connection

I would like to use the ethernet port on my computer to use for my Xbox live. How Can I make it so I can use my laptop, witch I'm using with a wireless router.

My friend said that he got his to do it one time.Could I change the ethernet port on my laptop, so I could plug in another ethernet cord for another connection
Yes it is possible. You need to enable internet connection sharing in your network properties. Right click on your wireless connection, get properties. Click advanced. Then enable internet connection sharing.



You will need to use a hub/switch between your xbox and laptop or use a crossover cable,or that connection will not work.



I did something similar a few years ago to make my PS2 work like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment