Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?

I have a sony vaio vgn-ux1xn and i bought an external disc drive and it didn't work when i plugged it into the USB on the laptop, but it did when i plugged it into the USB on the docking station. I know the disc drive is only compatible with USB 2.0 and I thought the one on the laptop was, but it must not be, so is there a way to change it to be 2.0?How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
All USB 2.0 devices are backwards compatible to USB 1.1, 1.0 etc.

Check the USB port on your laptop with another USB device and see if its working. If not, its broken. And there is no way to change a USB 1.0 or what ever into an 2.0 port, because its hardware and must be physically changed.How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
no u cant its ur hard ware in the laptop u cant just remove a older usb port and replace it with a 2.0 usb ... and usb ports and speeds are controlled by chips in ur mother board ...How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
2.0 refers to the type of hardware not software, you would have to replace the usb device completely. All usb things should be compatible with USB 1.1 ports as well, there might be something wrong with the usb port or disk drive.How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
I know why.

The laptop doesn't have enough power to run the disk, but the docking station has extra power source for the usb so can run the drive.

No you can not upgrade your usb1 (if that is what it is) to usb2 (or 3). The hardware is different.How do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
Go to their support area for the product and get a firmware update if it is available. You could email the company who made and ask their support direct, tell them the issue you are having.



HAIL HAIL 4 IN A ROWHow do I Change my USB port to 2.0?
Your port is USB2.0 it is the power drain that is the problem, as there is not enough power on the single port. I assume that the drive works on the docking station when the Mains Power unit is in place. After all the Docking station has Three more Ports, and needs more power on the 5 volt rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment