Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Help Ports and Computer Stopped Working?

I have an e-machine computer that I have had about 3 years. The other day the mouse port stopped working, then the keyboard port, and finally the monitor port. I changed the mouse and keyboard out to a usb but the monitor port will not work. Now the only way to turn the computer off is to pull the plug. It will not power off even if I hold the button in. When I plug it back in it automatically is on. I am not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Please help.Help Ports and Computer Stopped Working?
Sounds like a bad mother board or a controller on the mother board. you might take it to a computer repair shop but chances are it will be cheaper to buy a new computerHelp Ports and Computer Stopped Working?
find out what kind of processor you have and get a motherboard from newegg.com that supports that and your ram and do a swap. motherboards are fairly cheap nowadays so it shouldnt cost a fortune. the only downside is that you will have to reinstall you operating system but if you have a recovery partition or recovery disks than you should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment