Thursday, September 22, 2011

My firewire doesn't fit in my mac?

I just got a mac and need to upload some film footage... I went to plug in my firewire and it looks like they changed their ports (my brother has a mac and this cord fit in his...)

The end of mine looks like a USB with a curve on the top of it...



Do I need to go buy a new cord or what's going on? How much would this cost?

Thanks.My firewire doesn%26039;t fit in my mac?
Crimson is correct...



But there are different firewire connectors. The DV port on a camcorder is a 4-pin firewire connector. The firewire 400 port on many Macs is a 6-pin connector. The firewire800 port on some newer Macs is a 9-pin connector. Generally - assuming your Mac has a firewire port, you might need a 4-pin to 6-pin or 4-pin to 9-pin firewire cable.



The new MacBooks and MacBook Air do not have a firewire port and there is no way to add one.



So... which Apple Macintosh are you using?My firewire doesn%26039;t fit in my mac?
What kind of Mac do you have? I know when comparing the G5 to the Mac Pro, the firewire port changed from vertical to horizental. The firewire itself shouldn't change. Are you sure your new Mac even has a firewire port? Need more info, wish I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment