Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's the problem: my Limewire says it's being blocked by a firewall... when it's NOT!?

I have tried looking up other answers on the internet. So 1.) If you're going to answer make sure it's in simple and easy terms. I'm technologically impaired with big computer words :) 2.) Don't direct me to another link.



Ok. So here's the deal. Limewire isn't working. It says it's being blocked by a firewall. However I went in and made Limewire an exception and it still isn't working. Now I've read about changing ports or something? I don't know what a port is. I don't know how to do that.



Please be thorough and detailed! Thanks so much.What%26039;s the problem: my Limewire says it%26039;s being blocked by a firewall... when it%26039;s NOT!?
Un-install Lime wire Press Start%26gt;Settings%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;ADD OR Remove Program%26gt;Lime wire Restart you computer. Then install again Lime wire then Unblock Windows Fire wall.





Block/Unblock Programs in Windows Firewall

How to set Windows Firewall to block or unblock certain applications.



Click Start Control Panel %26gt; Security %26gt; Windows Firewall %26gt; Change Settings, and click Continue if prompted by UAC.



2. Click on the Advanced tab.



3. Check the applications that you wish to unblock.

Uncheck the applications that you wish to block



Understanding Windows Firewall http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usingWhat%26039;s the problem: my Limewire says it%26039;s being blocked by a firewall... when it%26039;s NOT!?
first off let me say i dont care what you are using limewire for (legit or otherwise) it is not a good system. I worked in IT in college and saw quite a few people come in for help because limewire messed up their computer. you could try to disable your firewall altogether and see if limewire works but that will leave you open for as long as the firewall is down. if limewire works when the firewall is down then you know its the firewall, if not there is something else going on with limewire. i cant really be more thorough than his without being able to see your computer, what operating system you're using, or limewires internal preferences.



that being said, try to get a torrent application like bittorrent, azerus, uTorrent (my personal favorite), or tomato torrent (for macs) that you are comfortable using, they take a little bit of effort to set up but work way better and are way safer.



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment