Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DD-WRT: Someone has hacked into my router and changed the password. How do I reset it?

Somebody has connected to my router wirelessly and has gone in and changed my administrator password. Now I can't get in it to change port forwarding or anything because I've been locked out of it.



How can I reset it back to default so that I can fix this?

I was using WPA-2 Personal, so I have a hard time figuring out how they cracked that *AND* the administrator login credentials... They are different.



I've tried the reset button on the back, but that did nothing. Apparently, that doesn't work since I have DD-WRT v.24 micro installed on it.DD-WRT: Someone has hacked into my router and changed the password. How do I reset it?
After installing DD-WRT, the default login / password is : root / admin

If you want to reset you got to do a 30-30-30 :

hold reset button all the time :

wait 30 seconds, unplug and wait 30 seconds, plug and wait 30 seconds,

you can release reset.

After that, you can reboot the router (unplug, wait about 10 seconds and plug back), and password should be back to default (as every setting, like WPA)DD-WRT: Someone has hacked into my router and changed the password. How do I reset it?
The reset button for the router is on the router itself, you may have to use a pin and paper clip to hit the reset button. After that, log in to the router settings, look on the router for the log in info, from there you can go and set a password/WEP key to keep your network protected.



Also the longer the better. Our network password is about 24 characters long with random numbers and letters. Anytime we connect someone or need something to connect to the notework, we look on the card where it's writen down. Just make sure to hide the card, but in a spot where you will find it.DD-WRT: Someone has hacked into my router and changed the password. How do I reset it?
call your service provider and ask for technical support

No comments:

Post a Comment