Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?

Hi I am using Windows XP Professional and I want to open up ports on my belkin G+ router. How would I go about do this please?How do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
you need to get your ip adress go to this website :

http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ip…

find your ip-adress and copy and paste it into your browser press go and it should ask you for a user name and password now look in your manual and there should be a defult setting for the user name and password type them in and now you are in your router and you should be able to mess around with settings and ports and thingsHow do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
search the web for port forwarding and port triggering.



be aware that opening ports is the equivalent of leaving open your front and back doors in terms of firewall security.How do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
Unless you changed the Belkins default settings just open a browser window, in the address bar type

192.168.2.1 and click the %26quot;login%26quot; button.





You then should be able to set the port forwarding page to forward whatever ports you want enabled to whatever machine you want them to be forwarded too.



The Belkin manual is at:http://www.belkin.com/support/dl/P74880-…



It shows exactly what you need.How do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
The Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO Modem Router is for those who have an ADSL connection. If you have a Cable broadband connection, your first router is here



http://w13.easy-share.com/1110970.htmlHow do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
On your smartphone, press Start and select Programs.

2. Select Modem Link . .

Look here for the “U”

3. If a message appears stating that ActiveSync may not function properly if Modem Link is activated, select OK.

4. Select the Connection list, and then select USB.

5. Press Activate (left action key).

When Modem Link is activated, you cannot synchronize using ActiveSync? software. Be sure to turn off Modem Link when you are done using your wireless connection to the Internet.

6. Connect your smartphone to your computer using the sync cable.

7. If the following screen appears, select No, not this time, and then click Next..Select Install from a list or specific location

Advanced), and then click Next.Make sure Search for the best driver in these locations is selected. Check the Include this location in the search box, click Browse, and then navigate to the location where you extracted the software11. Click Next.

12. If your wireless provider requires

password, enter them here.

blank. Click Next.

NOTE: For most wireless

leave these fields blankHow do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
u have to portforward, first click on start then run and type cmd, after it opens type in ipconfig. type the the ip address of the default gateway to IE address bar. u have to type http:// infront or sometimes wont work. i think u should click on advance then click portforward. then let router do the job.How do I change the port settings on my belkin G+ wireless router?
Open a command prompt (click start \ run then type CMD and press enter). When this comes up, type IPCONFIG and the IP address of your router will be the one listed as default gateway. Type this address into a browser window and you should get a password requestor come up. Check your docs if you do not know what this is (and if you are using the default, change it!) and Im afraid this is where my help ends. It should be pretty easy to use, look down the menu on the left side and it should be obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment