Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Please help with linux?

I am running Ubuntu. I recently switched over from Windows Vista with a reformat. A lot of my hardware is very temperamental. I have 2 USB hubs chained together, and it seems like my USB hardware (Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, external sound card, MIDI hub, USB hubs, HP Printer/Scanner) work sometimes and don't others. I also have a TV I use as a monitor, and that sometimes is fuzzy. With the USB ports though, many times, I have to unplug and replug the device in to get it to work. I have to change ports, and when I get something that works, if I restart the system, it's a roll of the dice as to what you're going to get when it boots back up. Also, my ATI graphics card doesn't work to its full ability either. How do I deal with these hardware issues. I have a Toshiba Satellite. Please help, thanks.Please help with linux?
To get your ATI graphics card working at full capacity you need to go to System%26gt;Administration%26gt;Hardware drivers and enable the ATI. It will download a driver for the card. The tv problem could also be fixed by the driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment