Thursday, November 18, 2010

How can I find router in order to change ports for speeding up bittorrent?

Ok I could be talking rubbish here but as far as I can tell, what you are supposed to do in order to speed up bittorrent is find your router and change the ports it accepts - haven't a clue how I'm supposed to find the router or configure it and when I typed my IP into the address bar to search it, it wouldn't workHow can I find router in order to change ports for speeding up bittorrent?
You need to type the router's IP address into the search bar.



Check your IP address on your laptop (while wired up to the router). Look at your gateway address, this is your router's address.

Copy that IP address down and insert it in Internet Explorer (IE). You will be asked for a username and password. Depending on the make/model of router you have this could be a bunch of different things.

Here are user/pass lists:

http://www.routerpasswords.com/index.asp

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html
  • music player
  • any advice appreciated
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment