Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I manually set an IP address for my Router?

I'm having wireless printing problems with my HP Photosmart C4380 All-in-One and my laptops, and HP attempted to fix the problem over the phone, but to no avail. The laptops will wirelessly print fine, but then a few days later I am told they can no longer print wirelessly. I've had to change ports, uninstall/reinstall the software, but the issue persists. So, they suggested the problem might be fixed if I set manual IP addresses, since the problem seems to be that when the dynamic IP address changes, a couple of computers are no longer recognizing it. I have a Linksys router. Which IP address am I supposed to manually change? The Router? The printer? How do I do whichever one will fix this issue?How do I manually set an IP address for my Router?
Give the Microsoft help page at shot. It should work for you, especially considering they're using a Linksys wireless router in the example.



http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredoneHow do I manually set an IP address for my Router?
in your web browser type in %26quot;192.168.0.1%26quot; and it shpuld bring you to the control panel of your router if you are hooked up correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment