Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I speed up downloading (of torrents/mp3s etc) through a university firewall?

i have just moved to university, and i would like to start dloading again, like when at home, using azureus and torrents etc. However i have tried this, and i get very slow speeds, and it always gets cut off. ive tried changing ports etc, and that doesnt seem to work. I know its there so i dont take up everyone else's bandwidth, so i would never do it during the day. i just leave it on overnite. (hopefully that doesnt affect anybody or a very small minority, does it?) is there any way of improving my speed, with any software or tips or whatever. also, its not just my dloading, cos i might give that up if i cant improve it soon, but also just general internet use. it can get really slow on some websites for no reason - like wired.com, its just takes an age. anyway, any tips on the main issue of dloading would be very helpful. thank you!How do I speed up downloading (of torrents/mp3s etc) through a university firewall?
dap.com

down load and install this software, your down loads will be done very very fast. I have been using this for years.How do I speed up downloading (of torrents/mp3s etc) through a university firewall?
to speed up a file download

1 stop out of chat room

2 stop off chat website

3 get a fast (isp) server

No comments:

Post a Comment