Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I connect to Skype using a VPN?

I just connected to my uni's VPN, and everything except for Skype and AIM works perfectly. Skype and AIM won't even let me log in. I've tried changing the proxy settings so that they match my web page settings and changing the ports to match, but it still won't work. Help? Is there any way I can get Skype and AIM to work with VPN?How do I connect to Skype using a VPN?
They are likely blocking VOIP. Aim may also be on their block list. It happens all the time as evidenced by the number of web sites that mention skype blocking. For example:



http://www.personalvpn.org/blockvoip.htmHow do I connect to Skype using a VPN?
Skype has been having issues. Go to the tech area and read what they have to say.
  • Queen duvet set on full bed
  • Deploying email server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment