Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change my parallel port from EPP to STP in Dell Dimension 2400 BIOS?

I want to change my printer port\parallel port mode. The options are AT PS\2 ECP EPP and Off. I looked it up and this computer does have SPP but it doesn't list SPP in the BIOS. Anyone know how to get it?How do I change my parallel port from EPP to STP in Dell Dimension 2400 BIOS?
Most motherboard these days can't force their parallel port into SPP (Standard Parallel Port) mode, because of electrical layouts and pins. Check the BIOS for one of these, %26quot;Compatible%26quot;, %26quot;Normal%26quot; or %26quot;Standard%26quot; mode. If the BIOS doesn't have these modes, then you are stuck. A BIOS upgrade will not help, as the motherboard just doesn't have the electrical layout to support real SPP mode.



The bigger question here is, why do you need SPP mode at all? Are you hooking up an ancient piece of hardware? A lot of supposed %26quot;SPP only%26quot; hardware will work just fine in other modes.How do I change my parallel port from EPP to STP in Dell Dimension 2400 BIOS?
Updates your BIOS, if it still doesn't show up you could try other ports..

No comments:

Post a Comment