Thursday, June 2, 2011

Change COM port number in Windows 98?

I need to change the COM port number that my Belkin serial to USB adapter uses. It currently uses COM6, but the program I am using only goes up to COM4. How can I change the COM port number so that it is using COM4 instead of COM6. I am using Windows 98 and nothing is currently assigned to COM4.Change COM port number in Windows 98?
Go to the control panel, then double-click %26quot;system.%26quot; Select the %26quot;device manager%26quot; tab and scroll down to %26quot;Ports: COM %26amp; LPT.%26quot; Click the plus sign to expand it and it will show all of the currently detected serial devices. Double-click on your COM6 item to open the properties and see if you can change the COM port there. If not, the adapter may have included settings/software that allows for changing the port. If all else fails, contact Belkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment