Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change my port numbers on my computer from 6 and 7 to 1 and 2?

Im trying to send CNC Programs from my laptop to the machinig center. It wont allow me to do so because of the ports. The machine parameters are set for ports 1 and 2. The laptop is 6 and 7. How do I reconfigure or re-number these ports on the computer? This is the USB Ports we`re talking about. The have to be reassigned. Ive tried going thru Device Manager, but Ive yet to find the number ports and how to rename or renumber the correct ports. Anyone of genius out there,...please help! Thank You Kindly!How do I change my port numbers on my computer from 6 and 7 to 1 and 2?
alright... you're trying to program a machine with your computer. Are you saying that you have 7 USB ports on your computer?



i dont understand, cant you just plug the machine into the 1st and 2nd port on your computer?



other than that i think the motherboard has assigned port numbers and i dont think you can mess with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment