Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can anyone help me understand uTorrent and what I need to do to keep it the fastest?

I downloaded uTorrent and I've been downloading files for a couple weeks. I searched a YouTube video that had suggestions for %26quot;making uTorrent faster%26quot;. I know some of the info probably wasn't extremely reliable so I only made a few changes, and it seemed to help a little.



Recently, I started getting a lot of %26quot;connection closed by peers%26quot; messages and my download speeds are way slower. I searched forums for help but everybody talks with computer lingo I can't even begin to understand. Here are a few things I've changed:

-Port = 45682

-Connection Type = xx/1Mbit



I have no idea what either of those are, should I keep them that way or what? For the first week I had uTorrent, it was very fast and reliable but now it's slower and inconsistent. I know some of it has to do with the %26quot;seeders%26quot; but it can't be only that.



If anyone can help me please let me know, and how do you learn things like this so I can understand my computer more? Thanks :)Can anyone help me understand uTorrent and what I need to do to keep it the fastest?
First of all, edit your port out of the question. Just shows me an open port on your router to sneak into ;)



Now. Lets asume there isnt a port open on your router, and you are unconectable. Look at the bottom of utorrent, you see a green tick? or a red !?



if its red go to www.portforward.com



Find your router, select utorrent, folow the guide, enjoy faster speeds.



Now you mentioned seeds, leechers are just important as they share the parts of the file they have to you also



100 seeds and 100 leechers is better than 150 seeds (usualy)



how do you learn all of this? joining torrent sites forums and reading and learning, Experience really. Email me if you need any help with anythign related to torrents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment